Search The 250!

1984 (Van Halen)

1984
Van Halen (1984)

Top Tracks: “Jump”, “Hot for Teacher”, “Panama”

I distinctly remember the day in January 1984 when this album was released. I’d been a VH fan for a long time, going back to my discovery of their first album in middle school, and this was obviously the commercial peak of the original lineup. MTV was huge at the time, and a band like Van Halen was made for the visual format. “Jump” was a massive hit, and I recall having that annoying music elitist sensation of having all these people jump on the bandwagon of a band to whom I’d been listening for years and years. All of those first six VH albums had some meaning to me (as did the following album 5150, first one with Sammy Hagar), though not all of them made this list (May 2020).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed but will be reviewed before publication.